Here you can find documents which may be useful for this weeks learning. W/C 25.05.20
Miss Campbell's Life.
This last week, I have been very busy working with Mrs Bates and Mr Masley, beginning to organise our safe return to school as of June 9th. I have spoken to lots of children and families on the phone, and it has been lovely to catch up with how everyone is doing and I am very glad to learn that everyone who I spoke with is safe and well. I will be busy over helf term planning some nice activities for us to do, both for those of us who come back into school and for those who choose to stay at home. I am also planning to get some rest and relaxation in over the holidays and am looking forward to some lazy days reading, hopefully in the sunshine! There will be some work set online over half term IF you want to do it and we have sent out a suggested timetable that you could choose to follow. Be sure to spend plenty of time playing and relaxing! Stay safe, love Miss Campbell.
I would like to say a big 'well done' to: Harrison, Bentley, Jaden, Jasmin, Dariya, Goshen, Daniel, and Sarah who have completed lots of the work that I have set last very well indeed. I am really proud of all of you-keep it up!
Our Class Dojo Winners for the week ending 22.05.20 were Harrison for the boys and Goshen AND Dariya for the girls- I have written it down and you will both get to choose a prize when we can go back to school.
This week, I would like everyone to focus on reading. reading is so important and such a lot of fun. Share books with your adult, search for ebooks online, read books alone or with siblings or to a pet. I would love it if you could send pictures to the office of you reading- this could be in a favourite place, or possibly in an unusual place! I can then share these on this page or on our Class Story on Class Dojo.
This is where we can share some of the fantastic learning that we are doing at home with our teachers and our friends. We can use this area to get ideas and inspiration from our classmates. Mrs Watson-Brown and I love seeing all the things that you are doing at home, while we cannot be in school.
Bentley has worked really hard to create a den and he tell us what it is made from, and how he can use it. He also shares his ideas about his favourite superhero!
An excellent website for playing phonics games. The children are familiar with using this website.
All games are free using the following login details:
This is a new resource for Year 1 to use.
Eedi is a fantastic website which enables the children to engage with activities which mirror the current content of the Y1 curriculum.
Times Table Rockstars
This website allows the children to practise their times tables in a variety of ways.
Night Zookeeper is a new website for Year 1. it will enable them to practice their writing, grammar, punctuation and
Teach Your Monster to Read
A great website to practise reading and phnics skills.
White Rose Maths
This is the maths scheme we follow in school. Go to the Home Learning Section and look on the suggested timetable that we sent out for this week's recommended lessons.
Our Year 1 Special Mention from 22.05.20 is Zoya Hussain. I have chosen Zoya for making some fantastic contributions in our Year 1 Zoom meeting this week and for choosing to do some cretive learning at home, for example, making and using her own stage!
Well done Zoya, you're a star!
Reading: Please read with your grown-ups or big brothers and sisters for at least 10 minutes every day. Being able to read well is so important Year 1 and will make your learning so much easier as your get older.
Science: In science this half term we are looking at plants. Have a think about what sorts of plants we eat (fruits and vegetables). Make a list of all the fruits and vegetables that you can think of that we can eat. You could also draw each one and label them. Which ones do you like to eat the most and why? Which ones do you not like to eat? Why not?
PE: Join in with Joe Wicks' morning PE lessons online every morning for a good workout! Or, join in with Oti Mabusi's daily dance session, which can also be accessed online. Cosmic Kids Yoga is another fantasic way to get some exercise. If you like, you could make a video of your exercise routine and share it here.
Use lego or building blocks- what can you build?
Dress up as someone you would like to be- a witch, a king, a penguin- it's up to you and role-play being that character. What are they like? How do they talk? What things do they say and do?
Draw, paint, or colour in pictures.
With a grown-up, or big brother or sister, help to make a meal that you love.
Learn to do something new- some ideas could be: to skip with a rope, ride a bike, count to 10 in another language, to sing a new song, to cut out paper dolls.
Weekly Challenge: Can you make some art work using things that you find outside? You could use twigs, stones, leaves, different coloured flowers, and plant stems. Have a look at some work by the artist Andy Goldsworthy for ideas: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jnmadani/andy-goldsworthy-for-kids/
Board Games: Board games are a fantastic way to improve memory, and practice skills including maths, turn taking, and language. Some suggestions:
Snakes and Ladders.
Spillikins (Pick Up Sticks)
This week, I would like you all to write some sentences to describe a favourite game that you like to play. This could be a board game, a computer game or a game that you make up from your imagination. Do you play alone or with someone in your family or a friend? Where do you like to play this game? Is it at home or school? Do you play it outside, inside or both? Why do you love this game?
Green Challenge: Draw a picture of yourself playing your favourite game. Label your picture, or write some captions to tell me about your game.
Red Challenge: Write sentences to tell me about your favourite game. Don't forget to use capital letters and full stops. Below is an example I have written about a game I loved when I was a child.
Miss Campbell's Favourite Game.
When I was a child, I played a lot of 'pretend' games with my sister. My favourite game was one which we called 'Lizzie and Nursie.' In this game, I was Princess Elizabeth 1 as a child and my sister was my nursemaid. We played this game inside and outside. We had a big garden and we pretended that different parts of it were all different parts of a palace. I loved this game because I enjoyed pretending to live in the past and also because I got to boss my sister around!
Please login using the details the office has sent you and complete the work I have set.
Here are two lists of spellings to learn- choose which list you feel is more appropriate for your child and encourage them to practice saying the words aloud, reading the words, writing the words, and spelling them aloud.
List 1. List 2.
1. buzz 1. shape
2. quiz 2. delete
3. chest 3. prize
4. sheep 4. phone
5. that 5. flute
3. my 6. their
Maths is all around us! Online we have looking at counting all the way to 100! Can you walk 100 steps and count them all? You could count out little things- sweets, raisins or buttons perhaps- are there 100? If not, how many are there? You could exercise and sing along as you practice counting to 100 to this Jack Hartmann video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TgLtF3PMOc You could practice writing numbers all the way to 100 too. You could do this on paper, you could use different colours for different numbers or you could use chalk and write the numbers outside.
Eedi, Mathletics, Times Tables Rockstars:
Please login and complete the work I have set.
Please add a message- it can be about your home learning or just to say hello. I miss you all very much and it would be wonderful to hear from you and learn how you are getting on!
- 04-05-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Goshen, I hope you and your family are well. I am missing you too, and all of our lovely Year 1 class.
- 04-05-2020 - Goshen Dear mrs Campbell i am missing you and all my class mate.
- 29-04-2020 - Mr Masley Wow year 1 ! What an amazing class you are with all these learning activities going on. It is great to see so many of you working so hard and enjoying it at the same time. Keep it up !
- 21-04-2020 - amberHi Mrs Campbell tank you for being the best staffever💖 🎸😁👋😻
- 17-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Amaan, I am very well thank you, and very glad to hear that you are too. I have also been enjoying the warm weather, reading in the garden with a glass of ice cold fizzy pop!
- 17-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Leighton, thank you for your message- I will speak to the office regarding Leighton's passwords for TT Rockstars and Night Zookeeper on Monday. Thank you for your pictures, I love seeing what you are doing at home. I hope you have had a lovely Easter.
- 15-04-2020 - Amaan Hussain Morning Miss Campbell how are you? We are good thank you enjoying the warm weather :)
- 08-04-2020 - LeightonHi Ms Campbell, hope u and your family are safe and well. Leightons passwords are not working for the rockstars and zoo app, he's only been able to use the mathletics, he strangely prefers maths to English so it's suits him to a tee lol. How do we send pictures of our daily activities such as den building and cooking /baking? Is that by email to school office?. Xxx
- 06-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHello Harrison, I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are all safe. I am very well thank you and also miss being in school! You are doing an amazing job with all the online learning- I am really proud of you!
- 03-04-2020 - Harrison Kennedy Morning Miss Campbell hope you and your family are safe and as me and my family are. I like doing the home learning, but I miss being in school.
- 02-04-2020 - Miss CampbellLovely to hear from you Bentley. Please ask your parents to help you email a photo of your work to the school office and we will see if we can publish it on our class page for everyone to enjoy.
- 01-04-2020 - Bentley Kozlowski-LloydHow do we send pictures and videos thanks