Here you can find documents which may be useful for this weeks learning. W/C 06.07.20
Miss Campbell's Life.
Don't forget our final class Zoom meeting of the year which will be held on Wednesday at 11am on 15.07.20. I am going to attach video camera to the smartboard so that you can chat with your friends who are in school!
I would like to say a big 'well done' to: Sarah fazel Pakravesh for all the work she is completing at home. I am consistently impressed with your atitude to learning Sarah-keep it up!
Our Class Dojo Winners for the week ending 10.07.20 were Harrison and Rio for the boys and Hevanna for the girls- I am very proud of all of you this week!
This week, I would like everyone to focus on reading. reading is so important and such a lot of fun. Share books with your adult, search for ebooks online, read books alone or with siblings or to a pet. I would love it if you could send pictures to the office of you reading- this could be in a favourite place, or possibly in an unusual place! I can then share these on this page or on our Class Story on Class Dojo.
This is where we can share some of the fantastic learning that we are doing at home with our teachers and our friends. We can use this area to get ideas and inspiration from our classmates. Mrs Watson-Brown and I love seeing all the things that you are doing at home, while we cannot be in school.
Bentley has worked really hard to create a den and he tell us what it is made from, and how he can use it. He also shares his ideas about his favourite superhero!
An excellent website for playing phonics games. The children are familiar with using this website.
All games are free using the following login details:
This is a new resource for Year 1 to use.
Eedi is a fantastic website which enables the children to engage with activities which mirror the current content of the Y1 curriculum.
Times Table Rockstars
This website allows the children to practise their times tables in a variety of ways.
Night Zookeeper is a new website for Year 1. it will enable them to practice their writing, grammar, punctuation and
Teach Your Monster to Read
A great website to practise reading and phnics skills.
White Rose Maths
This is the maths scheme we follow in school. Go to the Home Learning Section and look on the suggested timetable that we sent out for this week's recommended lessons.
Our Year 1 Special Mentions from 10.07.20 was Chloe-Rose Newton-Chloe has returned to school with a mature attitude to her learning and friendships- she has impressed myself and Mrs Watson-Brown with her positive attitude!
Reading: Please read with your grown-ups or big brothers and sisters for at least 10 minutes every day. Being able to read well is so important Year 1 and will make your learning so much easier as your get older.
Science: In science this half term we are looking at animals. This week, I would like you all to think about the different types of food that animals eat. Some animals eat only meat (carnivores), some eat only plants (herbivores) and some eat both meat and plants (omnivores). Use books or the internet to find as many animals as you can to fit into each of the 3 groups.
PE: Join in with Joe Wicks' morning PE lessons online every morning for a good workout! Or, join in with Oti Mabusi's daily dance session, which can also be accessed online. Cosmic Kids Yoga is another fantasic way to get some exercise. If you like, you could make a video of your exercise routine and share it here.
Use lego or building blocks- what can you build?
Dress up as someone you would like to be- a witch, a king, a penguin- it's up to you and role-play being that character. What are they like? How do they talk? What things do they say and do?
Draw, paint, or colour in pictures.
With a grown-up, or big brother or sister, help to make a meal that you love.
Learn to do something new- some ideas could be: to skip with a rope, ride a bike, count to 10 in another language, to sing a new song, to cut out paper dolls.
Weekly Challenge: Spelling challenge- with a grown up, choose 5-10 words from the list of Common Exception words (located in the documents section at the top of this page). Learn to spell your chosen words- you could write them in different colours, say them aloud to your grown ups and older siblings, write them in chalk outside, use magnestic letters and spell them out on the fridge, or think of creative ways of your own to practice!
Board Games: Board games are a fantastic way to improve memory, and practice skills including maths, turn taking, and language. Some suggestions:
Snakes and Ladders.
Spillikins (Pick Up Sticks)
This week, I would like you all to write a letter to your new teacher, telling them bout yourself (if your teacher will be me agan next year, tell me anyway- I might learn something new about you :)
Here is an example letter below to help you:
Dear Mrs Rooney,
My name is Lizzie and I am 6 ears old. I have long brown hair and green eyes. I love unicorns, trains and playing Minecraft. My best friends are Emily, Jolita and Alfie. At school I enjoy maths learning best. I am good at my 2, 5 and 10 times tables. I also like doing experiments in Science. I do not like spelling very much as I find it hard.
Please login using the details the office has sent you and complete the work I have set.
Here are two lists of spellings to learn- choose which list you feel is more appropriate for your child and encourage them to practice saying the words aloud, reading the words, writing the words, and spelling them aloud.
List 1. List 2.
1. junk 1. these
2. vest 2. delete
3. winter 3. chime
4. text 4. invite
5. yell 5. drove
3. zigzag 6. slope
Maths is all round us. Online we are looking at shape. Go on a shape hunt around your house- what 2D and 3D shaped objects can you find? You could make a list or draw and label different objects and their shapes fr example book-cuboid.
Eedi, Mathletics, Times Tables Rockstars:
Please login and complete the work I have set.
Please add a message- it can be about your home learning or just to say hello. I miss you all very much and it would be wonderful to hear from you and learn how you are getting on!
- 18-06-2020 - Goshen Dear Miss Campbell, thank you for being the best teacher I have ever met.
- 04-05-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Goshen, I hope you and your family are well. I am missing you too, and all of our lovely Year 1 class.
- 04-05-2020 - Goshen Dear mrs Campbell i am missing you and all my class mate.
- 29-04-2020 - Mr Masley Wow year 1 ! What an amazing class you are with all these learning activities going on. It is great to see so many of you working so hard and enjoying it at the same time. Keep it up !
- 21-04-2020 - amberHi Mrs Campbell tank you for being the best staffever💖 🎸😁👋😻
- 17-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Amaan, I am very well thank you, and very glad to hear that you are too. I have also been enjoying the warm weather, reading in the garden with a glass of ice cold fizzy pop!
- 17-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHi Leighton, thank you for your message- I will speak to the office regarding Leighton's passwords for TT Rockstars and Night Zookeeper on Monday. Thank you for your pictures, I love seeing what you are doing at home. I hope you have had a lovely Easter.
- 15-04-2020 - Amaan Hussain Morning Miss Campbell how are you? We are good thank you enjoying the warm weather :)
- 08-04-2020 - LeightonHi Ms Campbell, hope u and your family are safe and well. Leightons passwords are not working for the rockstars and zoo app, he's only been able to use the mathletics, he strangely prefers maths to English so it's suits him to a tee lol. How do we send pictures of our daily activities such as den building and cooking /baking? Is that by email to school office?. Xxx
- 06-04-2020 - Miss CampbellHello Harrison, I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are all safe. I am very well thank you and also miss being in school! You are doing an amazing job with all the online learning- I am really proud of you!
- 03-04-2020 - Harrison Kennedy Morning Miss Campbell hope you and your family are safe and as me and my family are. I like doing the home learning, but I miss being in school.
- 02-04-2020 - Miss CampbellLovely to hear from you Bentley. Please ask your parents to help you email a photo of your work to the school office and we will see if we can publish it on our class page for everyone to enjoy.
- 01-04-2020 - Bentley Kozlowski-LloydHow do we send pictures and videos thanks