I have been enjoying my time at home with my lovely cat, Adam. I will be sending you updates of what he has been up to and learning challenges set by him. Myself and Adam enjoyed the lovely sunshine we had last week and sat safe inside with the windows wide open. I have been getting creative at home too and I have started a scrap book full of keepsakes and photos. I have also made some things using sticks. See the picture below if you are interested.
I've been keeping myself busy by going on runs and walks. I have also been cooking healthy meals and baking some treats!
Have you spotted any rainbows in people's windows? I saw this giant chalk rainbow on someone's house and couldn't help but take a picture! Comment on the message board below if you see any.
Look what I have spotted! Rainbow rocks in someone's front garden!
Past task: Write about what trouble Adam the cat gets into at Miss Ambler's house.
Past task: Write about what your favourite toy is and why.
Past task: design a cardboard house for a pet. Make or draw it.
Past task: write about what you do at home with no technology. E.g. no phones, TVs or ipads.
Past task: Write about what your favourite item of clothing is and why.
Past task: Write instructions on how to play chess or find out how if you don't already know.
Past task: Can you find out why cats have whiskers on their front legs? - AND - Spot the cat in the picture that Adam was cross about and find out why it made him cross (it's a cat thing!)
Past task: Can you find out why cat's eyes are so special?
Next task: why do cats like watching birds and why do cats not have to wear shoes?
You will be provided with a weekly timetable with suggested activities for each day. There is lots of options and variety. Please choose an appropriate selection per day to support your child's learning.
This section is a place to celebrate the children who are working really hard at home on any of the online platforms. So far I am really impressed with the participation!
Well done for the battle between year 3 and year 2! I have set up a boys v girls tournament for the next five days.
You have three lessons set on Night Zookeeper so please have look and get started. Well done Joshua for your hard work so far. I can see some children have logged in for the first time this week too.
I have set some money activities on Mathletics. Please complete these by May 1st! I have also set lots of addition and subtraction revision activities for you.
Thank you to the few children who have completed Maths quizzes on Eedi. If you haven't logged in yet, make sure you do as its really helpful. Use your logins from your parents emails.
I would love to see pictures of your cooking creations at home. Please send anything through for me to have a look at! It could be pictures, instructions, recipes etc.
Miss Ambler :)
If you can't remember your username or password to these sites, ask your parents. We have sent them an email with this information!
Please continue to use Mathletics. Lots of new activities will be set regularly.
Please continue to use TTRockstas. Lots of battles and times tables will be set regularly.
This is a great new Maths website for the children to use. Quizzes will be set each week that follow the topics we were/would be covering in Maths lessons.
This is a wonderful writing and English resource.
An excellent website for playing phonics games.
All games are free using the following login details:
You can complete home learning without the use of the internet. Have a look at the list and picture gallery for ideas.
- ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE!
- Read a new book and complete a reading bingo activity.
- Go flower spotting. What flowers can you see out and about? Can you find out what they are called?
- Design a recipe for a super smoothie. How would it give you lots of energy and nutrients?
- Help your adults clean the house :D
Please complete the activities stuck into your yellow home learning books.
- Weekly Pobble writing activities
- reading bino activities
- independent or adult supported reading. Have a look at https://www.booksfortopics.com/
for ideas of books you may be interested in.
- SPaG - see document for weekly SPaG tests
- Weekly spellings - practice a list per week and get an adult to test you at the end of each week.
Please continue completing the tasks set on Mathletics, Eedi and TTRockstars.
- White Rose Maths daily lessons
- Maths problem of the day -
- TTRS and Numbots
- Arithmetic - see document for weekly arithmetic tests
- Lesson 4 Scaling 2019.pdf
- Lesson 2 Multiply 2-digits by 1-digit (2) 2019.pdf
- Lesson 3 Divide 2-digits by 1-digit (2) 2019.pdf
- Lesson 1 The 4 and 8 times-tables 2019.pdf
- WC 180520 Lesson 4 - Count in tenths 2019.pdf
- WC 180520 Lesson 3 - Tenths 2019.pdf
- WC 180520 Lesson 2 - Making the whole 2019.pdf
- WC 180520 Lesson 1 - Unit and non-unit fractions 2019.pdf
Please add a message! It can be about the learning you have done at home, a picture or just a friendly hello! Myself and Mrs Carney miss you all very much and it would be lovely to hear from you.
- 25-05-2020 - CaliceMisss it’s the holiday day
- 12-05-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Ayaat, You should spend some time each day on English and Maths (up to an hour for each) and then complete some learning of your choice (topic, art, DT). Please use this webpage for ideas and also access Mathletics, Eedi, TTrockstars and nightzookeeper.
- 12-05-2020 - AyaatHow much work do we have to do
- 11-05-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Emanuel and family, please have a look at the recent emails about passwords and logins to help you get onto the online platforms.
- 11-05-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Amber. I'd love to see the picture! Please ask your mum to send it on dojo or to the school office :D
- 10-05-2020 - AmberHi Mrs Ambler I have done a picture of your cat and you
- 08-05-2020 - EmanuelHi Its Emanuel mum ..I use the wonder password and username we can log in but we can open only tt , nightzoo and diagnostic we can open rest because they said that is failed..Thank you for your help.
- 08-05-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Amber. I'm sorry but my creakers book is at school in the classroom and I can't remember what page we stopped at. Next time I am in I will look to find out. In the meantime, have a read and check to see if you can remember.
- 06-05-2020 - AmberHi Mrs ambler want page did we stop at?☺😸💓🎂 🎁
- 06-05-2020 - JawadCats have long whiskers so they can scratch
- 06-05-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Emanuel. Please ask your adults to look at their recent emails about wonde and logins. If your login still isn't working after that please let me know.
- 06-05-2020 - Miss AmblerThat's awesome, Jawad! Well done.
- 06-05-2020 - JawadI know how to play chess and I won against my mom
- 05-05-2020 - EmanuelHI..I still can use my loging for TT or numbots..Can you check please ?
- 29-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Amira, please ask your adults to check their emails for details about passwords and logins.
- 29-04-2020 - Miss AmblerThanks Mr Masley. I am impressed with year 3 too! I will definitely bring in some celebratory cooking when we return to school.
- 29-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Zemyna. If you have logged onto mathletics on a different computer, phone or tablet you will get a message saying it has been accessed by a different device. If you have done this - don't worry. I'm really excited to hear that you have sewn a skirt! I used to do lots of sewing when I was younger and I once made a dress. Keep up the good work.
- 29-04-2020 - Miss AmblerThanks, Amber! I am really enjoying cooking at home and eating all the lovely food!
- 29-04-2020 - AmiraI don’t know my password for night zoo keeper please can I have a new one.
- 29-04-2020 - Mr Masley Hi Year 3 - I am so impressed with all your hard work and your class page looks awesome. Very impressed with Miss Ambler's cooking, looking at those picture makes me hungry! Who thinks she should be bringing some of that baking into school when we come back so that we can all enjoy her culinary skills?
- 28-04-2020 - Zemynamiss ambler,i have sew a skirt and it was really fun doing that.
- 27-04-2020 - ZemynaMiss Ambler,now some one is going into my mathletices acountt when I was playing mathletices it said my acount has been acssect by a diffrent device. really hope no one is hacking my account.Please figure out who this is.
- 26-04-2020 - amberHi Mrs Ambler my mum said that she was towing to make up my and Jessica login for Eid😻😂
- 26-04-2020 - AmberHi Mrs Ambler I just want to say that you are the good barker. Ever and how they test.🌹😍😻💓🎁
- 23-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Amber, please ask your mum to check her emails as there has been a few letters sent out about logins. You will be able to find your login from there. :D
- 22-04-2020 - amberHi Mrs Ambler I don't know my login for Eid
- 22-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Zemyna, please ask your mum to find your Eedi login details inside your yellow book (white strip of paper) or look at her emails as she will have the login on there too. The star gazing sounds so fun. I will definitely have to try that.
- 22-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Amber. Mrs Carney says thank you for asking and that she had a lovely Easter.
- 22-04-2020 - Miss AmblerThank you, Amber. I am doing fine and Adam cat is very happy.
- 22-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Edith. I am so glad you are enjoying your time at home. It will be so nice to see you all when we return to school. Keep up the good work.
- 21-04-2020 - amberdo you now when you said are you hi amber are you okay my mum are you how are you. I am. good.🐱😻💔💓😂😍
- 21-04-2020 - ZemynaMiss ambler,can you please give me my actount to Eedi. And I have already done cooking task with my mother.And I went star gazing it was really fun i saw my zodiac sigh a scorpio.
- 21-04-2020 - AmberMrs Carney are you okay because I fort you and lal is okay did you have a good Easter
- 21-04-2020 - amberHi Mrs Ambler I am so glad that you and your family and cat are okay 💓💄🐱
- 20-04-2020 - Edith HughesHello Miss Ambler, I miss you! I cant wait to go back to school and see you and my friends again. I have been doing a bit of baking and we made apple crumble. I have done lots of learning my mummy made us some book reports and these have been very fun and I have been reading to my little brother. Your cat is very naughty!! He made me laugh.
- 20-04-2020 - Miss AmblerThat's great, Elena! I'd love to see a picture. I've just updated the website with some things I have been cooking.
- 20-04-2020 - ElenaHello miss Ambler.I made some brownies on Monday.
- 18-04-2020 - Miss AmblerThat is strange, Zemyna. Please make sure you logout after each use - in and out of school - so no one else can access your account.
- 17-04-2020 - ZemynaMiss Ambler,i went in to my ttrock stars and i went into shop then i had the whole doctors set i did not buy that i think someone went into my actcount.
- 15-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Amira, Please ask your adults to find your nightzookeeper password in their emails.
- 15-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Amber. I am doing great! How are you?
- 10-04-2020 - amberhello are you okay💓👄👅👏👐
- 08-04-2020 - AmiraI don’t know my password for night zoo keeper please can I have a new one.
- 06-04-2020 - Miss AmblerGood evening, Emanuel. I hope you are keeping safe at home.
- 06-04-2020 - Miss AmblerGood work on finding rainbows, Jawad.
- 06-04-2020 - Miss AmblerHi Elena! I'm glad you're keeping busy with exercise. Stay safe
- 06-04-2020 - JawadI saw a Rainbow 🌈 on the Picture
- 06-04-2020 - ElenaHello miss Ambler. I have bike club every day after lunch and my mummy painted my nails last Saturday. Hello Mrs Carney I hope you and your family are keeping safe ❤👍😉
- 06-04-2020 - EmanuelGood morning
- 03-04-2020 - ZemynaI am not so good at kniting. I am trying to kit a scarf.But I am trying my best at it.My mum is helping me.I am still haveing a great time at my house.
- 02-04-2020 - Miss AmblerI am so glad you are enjoying your time at home Zemyna. Make sure you bring your knitting in to school to show us all when we return!
- 02-04-2020 - ZemynaI am learning how to knit.I have done a rainbow two.I have planted some seeds mine has not grown.I have teached my dog how to lay down with cheese.I have made food with my mother.I have done pe and got stronger.I have had a great time at my house.