We are delighted that you are considering Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School for your child. Whether your child is starting primary school for the first time in September, or moving from another school in-year, this page will tell you all you need to know about the admissions process.
We are a Voluntary Aided school run by the Catholic Diocese of Leeds, and we welcome all children irrespective of background into our school family. We provide a rounded and purposeful curriculum to 210 children from Reception class to Year 6. We have excellent Foundation Stage provision with light and spacious classrooms, a delightful outdoor play area, an engaing and well-stocked library, a spacious hall, two large playgrounds, and extensive playing fields. Our Breakfast Club and After School Club provide wraparound care to children of working parents from 8am to 6pm. Both clubs are run by the leadership and management of Sacred Heart who pride themselves in the school's distinctive warm, caring and friendly ethos. You will always get a warm welcome from all the team at Sacred Heart.
The Governing Body of Sacred Heart is the admitting authority and requires you to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) for your child in line with our Admissions Policy. You will find the SIF, and any other form we ask you to complete, here:
The admissions process is managed by Leeds City Council. General admissions information about our school is available here:
Children joining in Reception
If you are applying for a place in Reception in September, follow the steps here:
The timetable for a normal admission round looks like this:
- End October - you will receive a letter from the Council inviting you to apply
- 1 November - you can apply from this date
- 15 January - deadline to apply
- Mid-April - National Offer Day. You will receive your offer from Leeds. If it with us, we will also write to you on the same day, inviting you to accept the offer.
- Following your acceptance, we will begin planning immediately for your child's start to school life.
- We will work closely with pre-school settings and plan a number of visits for your child to school before their first day.
- We will adjust plans accordingly in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, ensuring the safety of you, our children and our staff.
- We will keep you informed of plans along the way and look forward to welcoming you to our school.
If you are moving into Leeds or want to change schools in Leeds in-year, you can apply online to Leeds Admission by following the steps here:
Your application will be shared with us, and we will get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can apply to us directly by completing and returning to the school office what is known as an in-year common preference form (ICPF). You can find the ICPF here:
It is always worth contacting us first to see if we have a place available in your child's year group. If we have a place available we should be able to admit your child as soon as possible. If we do not have a place available, we will put you on our waiting list but you should also contact Leeds Admission for help in securing a place at another local school.
Here is the process in full:
- Contact the school office to see if we have a place available
- Apply online or complete and return to the school office an ICPF and SIF
- We will then invite you in to visit senior leaders, have a tour of the school, and confirm this is the right place for your child.
- If you are happy, we will be able to admit your child as soon as possible.
- You should now complete a New Pupil Form so we all the essential information to support your child's education and stay in touch with you.